A Senior Backend Developer is responsible for using their considerable experience and knowledge of programming languages and software development processes to create high-quality software and to guide and mentor junior members of the software development team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The responsibilities and duties revolve around the software development lifecycle and the software development team. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborating with company management, product management, and customers to identify and document end-user requirements and specifications;
- Designing and documenting data structures, algorithms, and process/data flows for the creation of new software programs and systems;
- Producing high-quality, efficient, and elegant code based on requirements and company-specified coding standards;
- Unit and integration testing and deploying programs and applications;
- Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining, and improving existing software;
- Compiling and assessing user feedback to improve software performance;
- Observing user feedback to recommend improvements to existing software products;
- Developing technical documentation for software development projects.
Qualifications and Skills
Required qualification and skills include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience;
- Excellent knowledge of the software development life cycle;
- 3+ years of experience in designing and creating backend software (REST APIs, Microservices Architecture);
- Proficiency in AWS technologies (Lamda, Cognito, Aurora Postgres, etc.);
- Proficiency with Git, Github, Gitlab, or Bitbucket and CodePipeline;
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills;
- Experience with Agile and Scrum development practices;
- TDD and BDD practitioner;
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently or as part of a team.
Salary and Benefits
Salary may depend on the level of experience, education, and geographical location.